Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
James Waldby[_3_] James Waldby[_3_] is offline

Default AC question

On Fri, 05 Aug 2011 13:49:19 -0400, Ed Huntress wrote:

"James Waldby" wrote in message
On Fri, 05 Aug 2011 10:51:16 -0500, Snag wrote:

James Waldby wrote:
Nothing I really care to repeat .

No problem, I can repost it for you:

(Snag wrote)
OK , so you don't like the fact that I put a space between the
word and the punctuation . Oh well , learn to deal with it
. Been doing it this way for years , and I'll KEEP doing it .
If you don't
like the way I punctuate , killfile me .

In reading your posts, I hadn't noticed your punctuation spacing
problem until S.M. mentioned it. Don't know how I had overlooked it
all these years, it's so glaringly obvious. The first step toward
fixing a problem like this is to admit you have a problem. All those
extra spaces take time to type, so in the long run you can save
yourself time by leaving them out. Also, they make your text harder
to read. In a public medium like Usenet, where dozens of people read
each post, it is the responsibility of each writer to make his or her
post readable. The notion that other people should have to deal with
your spacing problem, instead of you fixing it, e.g. by getting a new
keyboard or learning how to fix what's broke, is nonsense.

Seems to me you have your sense of humor turned off at the moment.
Apparently you didn't see that the comment about the problem being
glaringly obvious, in the context of your exaggerated-spacing post, is
facetious. Likewise the sentence after that, and the comment about
getting a new keyboard. Ok?

"Them that can , do .
Them that can't , critic ."

Jimmy , if you "didn't notice it" for all this time , where's the
problem
? As I told ****y Chrissy , if you don't like the way I punctuate ,
killfile me . In over 13 years of posting to usenet , email lists ,
etc. you are exactly the second person to comment on it .
Ain't nobody forcin' you to read it ...

Sorry, Jim, it was too subtle for me, too. I'm used to something closer
to slapstick. d8-)

No problem. I suppose the few serious sentences mixed in with the
facetious ones might have been misleading. But I was sure that the
phrase "dozens of people read each post" would be a dead giveaway,
as we are all so used to seeing claims like "thousands of people read
each post". Anyway, YABT!

--
jiw