Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default AC question

Tom Gardner wrote:
On 8/4/2011 3:13 PM, Snag wrote:

It was the cap ...

Remember, I had the same problem (almost) and it too was the cap. The
top bulged a bit to automatically disconnect and save the fan motors.
I bet you feel good about THAT!

Not as good as my son does ! He's decided to bite the bullet and have a
breaker box installed , get rid of the fuses . The fact that his stove is
disconnected might have something to do with that ... I moved the AC supply
wires over to the stove fuse , ain't no way I'd trust the one it was hooked
to . I'd do the install myself , but insurance companies get real funny
about non-licensed electricians doing that sort of thing .
I'll be going over tomorrow to check the refrigerant charge , see if we
need to have it serviced by a "licensed professional" . When I left the low
side line was quite warm , but then the temps inside were in the high 90's .
We'll see where it's at when it's had time to stabilize a bit .
--
Snag
Learning keeps