Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default Compressor question

"Mike Spencer" wrote in message

While we're on compressors...

Anybody have any info on thie compressor?

http://home.tallships.ca/mspencer/temp/atlas-copco.html

Dunno how old it is. Seems to work well except for an annoying
problem described on the web page above.

I would guess non-compressibles in the high pressure section are being
vented off...

--definately beats the alternative.

Atlas-Copco seems to have no record of ever having made/sold it.

BTW,when it's been running, the oil in the crankcase is milky, I
assume from getting water homogenized with the oil.

Maybe it's never getting up to the proper operating temp.

Using 30 wt. non-detergent motor oil. Should I be using something else?
It's rated for 400+ PSI but I only run my tank up to 150 PSI so the
compressor is presumably more or less loafing.

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada