Baxter Basics

Default Range cooker recommendations?

Hi,

cheers for that. Ideally I would mix and match- not that fussed about the
range cooker look- its just the only sensible place for a cooker we have is
in the chiney (where the original range would have been) so I am looking for
the best compromise which fits in a 90cm hole!

cheers

Bax

wrote in message
Baxter Basics wrote:
Hi,
I want to get a 90cm range cooker, budget up to about 2K. Currently torn
between a Falcon (expensive and long lead time) and Lofra (cheaper but
little info on this brand).

If you search back in the Google newgroup archives you'll find I've
made comments on this front a couple of times before. When we
refurbished our kitchen we started out wanting a range cooker but
after much hunting around and looking at cookers we decided that there
simply aren't any range cookers (at any price) that really offered
what we wanted:-
Gas hob
Burner/plate good for simmering
Fast grill (not a folded immersion heater type)
One large and one small oven.

We've ended up buying separate hob and oven(s) and are very happy that
we've made the right choice. Even the expensive range cookers (like
Falcon, Britannia, etc.) don't offer fast grills or slow cooking
plates or even ovens that take advantage of the size of to cooker.
We also didn't think that the expensive ones really seemed much better
quality than the cheap ones.

--
Chris Green )