Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill[_2_] Joe AutoDrill[_2_] is offline

Default Compressor question

Also, there's nothing special about compressor oil--the overwhelming
majority will be perfectly happy with straight 30 wt non-detergent just
like is used in lawnmowers etc, just don't use the wrong weight ( or a
multi viscosity oil ) because the oil distribution system is based upon
known oil properties as well as crankshaft speed.

....My big 3-phase monster takes Mobil-1 10W-30 Synthetic. Which Dayton
charges $29 per quart for or something like that.

You can't imagine how ****ed off I was when the UPS package showed up with
my compressor oil and it was Mobil-1 off the shelf of the auto parts store
at that price...
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.