Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Lifestyle of rich and famous machine tool dealers

On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 15:46:05 -0500, Jon Elson
wrote:

On 08/01/2011 10:46 PM, Paul Drahn wrote:

MY advice would be to wait a while. Manufacturing in this country has
tanked again. My electronic assembly business was great through July,
but we have almost no orders for August or any time in the future.

Hmmm, very interesting! I have a small enough business that the
fluctuations dominate, and I will go a month without orders, and then
get 3 within one week. So, it is hard to identify trends until they are
months old. But, your report does seem to fit with slow times
at my business, also.

Jon

Ah, your business is just like mine. Steady by jerks.

My other quote.

Business comes two ways:
Too Fast. Too slow.
Too fast is two times better.