Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
azotic[_4_] azotic[_4_] is offline

Default Back yard storage shed

"Steve B" wrote in message
.. .

I wanna store my raw material and some small
tooling in my back yard. My thoughts are to get
a bunch of square tube and weld up a frame and
the use corrigated plastic for the walls. I am planning
on a size of aprox. 10ft by 20ft by 8ft high. Gonna
check the zoning to see if thats ok or i need a building
permit.

Fergeddabout corrugated plastic. It will not last very long. Sheeting is
available at the borgs, and if you have any suppliers in your area, you
can pick up deals on over runs, cover sheets, etc. Advertise for
"wanted - steel sheets" and you might be able to pick up some. Put your
corner legs into sonotubes and not in the ground, or they will rot off
soon. Pour a bucket of wet concrete inside, too, and drill a relief hole
so water can not accumulate inside. On all your welds, leave one small
gap on the underside so water can exit.

Steve

Thanks for the tips steve. Being in las vegas i found some people that deal
in used pallet racking. It appears to me that i can buy used racks like they
have in home despot cheaper than i can buy new steel for. I had the idea
of putting together a box useing that suff like an erector set. I would tack
weld the joints and cover it as you suggested. Am i barking up the wrong
tree here on this or you think its a workable plan? In case i ever have to
move
i can easily break it down and take it with me.

Best Regards
Tom.