Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Back yard storage shed

I wanna store my raw material and some small
tooling in my back yard. My thoughts are to get
a bunch of square tube and weld up a frame and
the use corrigated plastic for the walls. I am planning
on a size of aprox. 10ft by 20ft by 8ft high. Gonna
check the zoning to see if thats ok or i need a building
permit.

Fergeddabout corrugated plastic. It will not last very long. Sheeting is
available at the borgs, and if you have any suppliers in your area, you can
pick up deals on over runs, cover sheets, etc. Advertise for "wanted -
steel sheets" and you might be able to pick up some. Put your corner legs
into sonotubes and not in the ground, or they will rot off soon. Pour a
bucket of wet concrete inside, too, and drill a relief hole so water can not
accumulate inside. On all your welds, leave one small gap on the underside
so water can exit.

Steve

--

Heart surgery pending?