Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Six jaw chuck

IIRC, Bison is Polish. Well respected. Mounts on a
faceplate. Offset screws calibrate it.

Martin

On 7/31/2011 11:27 PM, Ignoramus5931 wrote:
Oh, and do you have an idea who made it?

On 2011-08-01, wrote:
Among various stuff that followed me, there was this six jaw chuck:

http://yabe.algebra.com/~ichudov/mis...Chuck-8676.jpg

this is a plain back chuck, and I wonder if it makes sense to keep it
and adapt to my Clausing lathe. I can buy plain back mounting adaptors
for my lathe easily. I did it once when I had to machine it to fit the
four jaw chuck. This machining actualy improves lathe accuracy.

The question is, do I really need the six jaw chuck.

When was the last time that you had to use it, and for what reason?