Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default He agreed to the Hardinge/Triumph Swap!!

Gunner Asch on Sat, 30 Jul 2011 00:30:38 -0700

While Im waiting..I pulled the fuel tank on the Royal Enfield last
night..the valves are leaking rather badly..50 yr old felt seals..and I
covered them in a very oily solvent..and hopefully they swell enough to
seal. Im not sure how to replace the felt...

Gunner

I do envy you, these old machines are a blast to ride. In case you
haven't heard me yet. Lucas SUCKS.

Karl

The Royal Enfield may..may be convertable to 12vt simply by changing a
bit of wiring on the alternator according to the boys on the RE site.
Then I can put in a zener diode or an aftermarket voltage regulator,
then simply add all non Lucas stuff I want.

Lucas, Prince of Darkness

Any relation to Phil, "Prince of Insufficient Lighting"?

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich