Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gold and Silver Fun today

The way gold has been hyped on a world wide basis -
the market might crash when profit taking starts.

Remember the silver and other trends that came to no good end.

Be careful. If you have physical - at least you have something.

Martin

On 7/31/2011 5:28 PM, Rich Grise wrote:
azotic wrote:

Had an intresting experience today. I Stoped in two pawn shops to
inquire as to what they were paying for silver bullion and gold coins.
You would think these people would know what they are doing.
Seems like they don't much at all when it comes to PM. I asked
the person how much they are paying for kruggerrands, the person
asked me how many karets they are, WTF ok i explain to them that
the coins i have contain 1oz of gold each. The person then asks again
how many karets ? so i say 24. Person then asks how many gramms
i have, i say each coin has 1 troy ounce. Person then tells me thats
32 grams. Ok so how much ? person says $900.00 i chuckle and
ask how about silver bullion. Person says they only pay $2.00 a gram
because they have to send it in to be refined. Now i ask myself were
they trying to play me or are they really that dumb. Second place
asks me what bullion is, calls over the head honcho and asks him.
Boss man says they don't buy silver but was intrested in they coins
at the gold content value. Well next week i am gonna stop in
at the pawn stars place and see what rick will offer.
Found a place called midstates refining and seem they work
on a 5% commision, anyone here ever do bussines with them ?
Can anyone recomend a honest PM dealer?

Trading those in now would make about as much sense as flipping a
house in 2006.

Wait until after either the system gets fixed or Our Glorious Beloved
Infallible Leader introduces the second Weimar Republic; Imagine
holding on to them until gold hits 1,000,000.00/ounce!

Good Luck!
Rich