Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Henry Mike Henry is offline

Default Value of Cincinnati #2 tool and cutter grinder?

On 2011-07-26, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane wrote:

I did, however, get a Darex drill grinder for $20 and a CutterMaster
end mill sharpener for $50.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Nice score on the Cuttermaster. I see those for sale in Craigslist
periodically. The asking price is typically $1100. They're small
enough and new enough that they may actually sell for close to that
price, although a regular T&C grinder is more versatile.

I think that's a borazon wheel on your end mill grinder. Those things
are expensive. Unlike the diamond wheels that the Chinese have
copied, I don't think they're duplicating the borazon wheels yet. At
least I didn't spot any on ebay. The coating on them is pretty thin.
Use a standard vitreous wheel to do your learning in case you learn
the hard way. I haven't mounted my borazon wheel yet.

RWL

I gather that you do have a Cuttermaster. If so, can you shoot a
picture of it assembled correctly? I would appreciate this greatly.

Thanks

I've got an Enco end mill sharpener from the 80's that looks very similar.
You've probably seen it before but I can send you pictures if you are
interested. That general style of grinder seems to be somewhat generic and
you may find several companies sold it, like Chevalier, KBC, etc. I found a
manual for mine for $25 from a company called Gromax and it appears to be
nearly an exact match so far as parts are concerned. Email me and I may be
able to found a clone manual for you from another source. Might not be an
exact match but some components should be the same as yours.

Did you get any tooling for it, like an air bearing?

Mike