Bay Area Dave

Default Link belts stretching?

can I get back to you on that, Bill??

Hey, I picked up some Craftsman chisels and they seem fine. Took
forever to get the backs flat and shiny but they seem to hold an edge
much better than the Marples I had purchased at HD last month (and
returned).

dave

Bill wrote:

Send me your Powermatic, I'll send you my Craftsman.

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message
. com...

good point. My Powermatic band saw uses a serpentine style belt like
cars made in the past decade and a half. Beats a link belt or a V-belt!
Quiet, smooth power transfer and doesn't stretch as much as V or link.

dave

TeamCasa wrote:

Why don't you just put on a good quality V-belt. I don't quite

understand

this fascination of using an product that was originally
designed to be used as an emergency fan belt with limited life

expectancy to

operate machinery. As an aside, quality belts do not stretch

measurably.

Sorry John. If the automotive and most other serious machine industries

can

rely on them I think the would be the best choice for your contrator

saw.

Dave

"John Graser" wrote in message

I put a link belt on my Delta Contractor's saw about a year ago. I've
noticed that the saw now tends to bog down more easily when cutting

thick

stock than it used to. Do link belts stretch over time, requiring the
removal of some links periodically?

News==----

Newsgroups

---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via

Encryption =---