Posted to sci.electronics.repair
nucleus nucleus is offline

Default Kenmore 110.24722300 broken tub

i've had success on two different tubs, essentially with DIY
plastic welding. on one tub, i used a low wattage soldering
iron, partially melting the edges of the crack and melt-filling
the crack with strips from a polyethylene milk jug. on the
other tub, i used the heat of a glue gun to melt the edges of
the crack and also melt-filling, as described above.

On Jul 26, 9:00*am, Jstein wrote:
I think the only way
to fix the plastic tub is by melting it back together with a solderi

I ended up applying some silicone to the underside of the tub. This
has helped significantly though it does still leak. I think I'm going
to try applying some silicone to the inside of the tub as well.