Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - Interesting bio on George Bush.

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 12:16:57 -0600, Just Wondering
wrote:

On 7/25/2011 8:39 PM, Max wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 13:57:56 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Have you already forgotten the peanut farmer???

Or "That depends what 'is' is, your honor." and "No, I did not have
sex with Monica Lewinsky, your honor." Clintoon?

Granted, Shrub was no peach, but have some sense of perspective!

I always have to chuckle when someone compares a Chevy Vega to a Ford
Pinto.

Max

I had a Vega once. I thought it was a pretty nice little car, except
for the aluminum block and steel head design, that kept blowing head
gaskets. But the engine design itself was so simple and uncluttered,
you could replace a head gasket in 1/2 hour, start to finish. I finally
replaced the block with one having steel cylinder sleeves.

GM engineering: Ya gotta love it IF you earn your living wrenching.

I bought and drove a '79 Pinto with auto trans after hurting my back.
I couldn't even steer my '72 Int'l Scout, with its 26" wheel and
manual steering. (That thing kept me in shape without any extra
exercise, I tell ya.) I drove it for almost two years without anything
but an oil change and gas to maintain it.

'Twas ugly as sin, but it was a reliable little car when I needed one.

I paid the lot $1,825 and got $1,350 out of it, so it was cheap to
own, too. About 1/16 the cost of a new vehicle.

--
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air…
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson