Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Hijacked sprinkler on roof thread

"Edward Rice" wrote in message
Home Guy wrote:

Anyone know how much of a temperature reduction I'd get by painting the
shingles white, vs suspending a white tarp a few inches over them?

What about painting them with a more expensive but much more durable
coating -- I'm thinking aircraft-type aluminum paint. I've thought of
doing that with the part of my roof that is flat EPDM-or-similar
membrane.

Ed

Used some of that on a job I did at Hoover Dam. Interesting stuff, but
still has an absorption by the steel under the paint. It looks like this
sprinkler sprayer concept is leading so far. Those studies provided by
Steve W. were impressive. Hope to get the trusses up tomorrow, and start
decking soon. Probably get it done when the weather cools off. Figgers.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide