Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default OT - Interesting bio on George Bush.

On 7/26/2011 1:16 PM, Just Wondering wrote:
On 7/25/2011 8:39 PM, Max wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 13:57:56 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Have you already forgotten the peanut farmer???

Or "That depends what 'is' is, your honor." and "No, I did not have
sex with Monica Lewinsky, your honor." Clintoon?

Granted, Shrub was no peach, but have some sense of perspective!

I always have to chuckle when someone compares a Chevy Vega to a Ford
Pinto.

Max

I had a Vega once. I thought it was a pretty nice little car, except for
the aluminum block and steel head design, that kept blowing head
gaskets. But the engine design itself was so simple and uncluttered, you
could replace a head gasket in 1/2 hour, start to finish. I finally
replaced the block with one having steel cylinder sleeves.

I had a Vega and had to replace the head gasket, and short block on two
different occasions... You musta been a magician to change a head
gasket that fast. IIRC you/I had to replace the WP gasket to properly
tension the timing belt also. And then all that went with adding
coolant purging the air out of the cooling system draining and refilling
the oil that is contaminated with coolant as a result of the blown head
gasket. Valve cover gasket, restabbing the dist and wires, belts,
timing belt cover.... 30 minutes.... ??