Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default He agreed to the Hardinge/Triumph Swap!!

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 09:44:06 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 01:58:14 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Yayyy!!!!

I swapped this.....

https://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/HardingeTFB

for this

https://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/Trumpet#

Yahooo!!!

Now I only have to wait a few weeks until he can get here with his
Trumpet..and I can load the Hardinge for him. G

Good on ya!

As I've said before, now you've got two machines with Lucas wiring.
Your weekends will be full from now on. Voice of experience here. In
my youth I owned both a Triumph bike and a Triumph car. One of my best
friends had an MGB. All decent machines EXCEPT for the wiring and
electrical components. Its very hard to diagnose when you got several
flaky intermittent problems at once and don't have the funds to just
chuck it all.

Karl

Worst comes to worst..I can simply rewire the entire beasty. Its much
easier to do than doing the same on a CNC mill..which Ive done a fair
amount of recently.....

https://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/MoogVisimetrics

I did 9 of these over the last couple months....

While Im waiting..I pulled the fuel tank on the Royal Enfield last
night..the valves are leaking rather badly..50 yr old felt seals..and I
covered them in a very oily solvent..and hopefully they swell enough to
seal. Im not sure how to replace the felt...

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.