TeamCasa

Default Link belts stretching?

Michael, If your belt flaps, fix that!

I don't really want to start a circular debate on this. If you and others
are happy - that's fine with me. I'll stick with quality parts.

Dave

"Silvan" wrote in message
TeamCasa wrote:

Why don't you just put on a good quality V-belt. I don't quite

understand
this fascination of using an product that was originally
designed to be used as an emergency fan belt with limited life

expectancy

Try it and find out. Life expectancy isn't really a critical issue when
it's so easy to put a new one on, and they really *do* dampen vibration
significantly.

Most of my tools have direct drive universal motors still, but one

exception
to the rule is my horizontal bandsaw. It used to have so much vibration
that the belt cover would flop around like a fish out of water. After
installing a link belt, it barely flutters. It didn't eliminate all of

the
vibration, but it definitely made a marked difference.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

http://www.usenet.com