Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default OT - Interesting bio on George Bush.

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Rod & BJ Jacobson wrote:

Considering this was largely a propaganda piece with twisted selective
"facts" and heavy albeit sly editoralizing.......a honest bio is
somewhere beyond a reach. When things pretend to be a history they do
all of us a disservice......conclusions based on **** often simply
result in more turds.

I agree. For example, the piece mentioned, not for the first time, Dubya's
seeming ducking of his National Guard obligations. I have yet to see, in
the dozens of accounts I've read about this failure to participate, how
his actions deviated from the usual and accepted practice of the time.

In other words, was "everybody" doing what he did or did he really shirk
his obligations and was never called out?

I just love that excuse. Johnny does it so why can't I.
The first admonition from me when conducting a verbal reprimand was to warn
the employee that such excuses would not be tolerated.
"First of all, you're not "Johnny"'
"Secondly, I am not required to inform you of whatever disciplinary measure
I may or may not have taken with another employee.
"Third, you may not be aware of all the circumstances surrounding the
performance, or lack of, by another employee."

Max (but I don't think Bush was all that bad either) ;-)