Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus7018 Ignoramus7018 is offline

Default Manufacturing Job Fair "Dress Professionally"???

On 2011-07-26, Winston wrote:
pyotr filipivich wrote:
on Fri, 22 Jul 2011 13:14:08 -0700

(...)

No problem. Just leave grandpappy and his braids in the car.

LOL.

I resemble that remark.

Yesterday I had a discussion with a manager of a group
of four people about 'interview skill'.
She told me that her most valuable employees are precisely
those that interviewed the *worst*. She has two in
particular that are smart, hard working, trustworthy and
valuable. The first is not particularly articulate in
an interview setting and the second insisted on asking
questions about benefits and vacation time!

I think the interview appeals to our Western
Linear Thinking. Unfortunately it may not be nearly
as valuable as we think it is.

Winston, academic research agrees with you in that interviews are
usually worthless.

What I try to do at interviews is to gauge the technical skill of the
applicant.