Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus7018 Ignoramus7018 is offline

Default Value of Cincinnati #2 tool and cutter grinder?

On 2011-07-26, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 19:55:14 -0500, Ignoramus2004
wrote:

Well, here's an update. I did not get the Cincinnati T&C grinder. I
just decided that I do not want the hassle of dealing with these 1000
lbs hippos.

I did, however, get a Darex drill grinder for $20 and a CutterMaster
end mill sharpener for $50.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Also a shipload of other stuff, totaling $300. My truck was full.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

I want to keep this CutterMaster for myself and learn how to sharpen
end mills. I will also see which Darex to keep, my current one or this
one.

The Cuttermaster is a very good tool, once you learn how to use it. But
they will primarily only grind the face of a mill, rather than the
sides, unless you have the (air floating) end mill holder.

Gunner, I do have an air floating end mill holder, yes. It takes 5C
collets. I do not have other holders, though.