Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default The Great Kull

"Pete C." wrote in message
.com...

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
.com...

CaveLamb wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Tom Gardner" mars@tacks wrote in message
On 7/24/2011 4:17 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 08:38:21 -0400, Tom Gardnermars@tacks
wrote:

On 7/24/2011 5:50 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 22:46:07 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

id wrote
in
message
On 2011-07-24, Steve wrote:
id wrote
in
message
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/wo...pe/24oslo.html

``He predicted a conflagration that would kill or injure
more
than
million ??oMarxists/multiculturalists,??? but added: ??oThe
time
for
dialogue is over. We gave peace a chance. The time for armed
resistance has come.???

Mr. Breivik was also believed to have posted a video on
Friday,
calling for Christian conservatives in Europe to rise up
violently
as
a modern-day version of the Crusades-era Knights Templar to
save
Europe from Islamic totalitarianism. In its closing moments,
the
video
depicts Mr. Breivik in military uniform, holding assault
weapons.''
I am totally amazed that this has not happened in the US to
some
of
our
anointed leaders. Time will write history, and the tree of
freedom
shall
be
fertilized with the blood of tyrants.
Steve, about same thing happened in Oklahoma City. I lived in
Tulsa
at
the time and I remember that event quite well.

What was sad is that the brunt of the rage against the
government
was
taken
by lowly workers and their families, and not the ones who were
stealing,
raping, burning, and pillaging. As in this case. What I was
referring to
was an orchestrated attack by one person or a group against the
responsible
government officials. We don't need to cull the weak and
lowly,
but
the
high and mighty. In their eyes, anyway.

Steve

As sad and horrific as it is..the practical facts of the matter
is..1
guy murdered some 90 people. Which is pretty good planning

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Who dreams about finding 90 unarmed victims? Who wants EVERYBODY
be
unarmed victims?
Dreams about? As for who wants EVERYBODY to be unarmed
victims...that
would be the Leftwingers.

If any of the adults on that island had been armed...the body
count
would have been much..much smaller.

Like having a school bus crash and only a few killed.

Shrug

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Yet leftists portray legally armed, trained citizens as terrorists
while
giving a free pass to leftist murderers, rapists, thieves, voting
poll
intimidators, etc.

Uh, Tawwwwwwm, it's the righties who say there's going to be a
"great
cull"
shooting rampage against the left. The right is bragging about the
upcoming
terror assault. Update your program.

snip

Left = libertards?
Right = conservatards?

Are there any Americans here any more?

Yep, the some 60-70% of the population who are decidedly centrist. The
"polarization" of the US is a myth, the reality is that the political
apathy of the 60-70% in the center has allowed the only two viable
political parties to be overrun by the minority of wingers on both
sides. As a result, the center appears split due to the lack of
centrist
candidates to vote for, but they are most certainly not supporters of
either party, they are just voting against whoever they think is worst.

Right you are.

But there was an interesting study done lately that showed almost
everyone
has a distinct leaning to one party or the other. They're just
embarrassed
to be identified with them, because both parties say and do some stupid
things. So they avoid criticism and having to defend either side by
declaring themselves "independents."

They're not really independent, in other words. But they are centrists,
and
they may, on occasion, vote for the party they lean against.

I guess I'm not "almost everyone" since I definitely have no distinct
leaning towards either wing. I certainly have positions that mesh with
one side or another (i.e. pro choice and pro gun), but they average to
center.

I promise I won't ask you who you've voted for in the last few elections.
d8-)

However, that split you describe -- which is one that I share, BTW -- is
just the kind of disconnection I feel, and many people feel, with the party
postures. To me, being pro-choice and pro-gun are two ideas that are of a
single piece, since I'm strongly oriented toward civil liberties.

So I find both parties to be embarrassing. I can't get over the way they
pack seemingly unrelated ideas into an ideological box. My feeling is that
we share that view with a fairly large majority of Americans. At least, the
ones I know and interact with. And polls seem to confirm that those views
extend across the country.

--
Ed Huntress