Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peter2 Peter2 is offline

Default Kenmore 110.24722300 broken tub

"Jstein" wrote in message
On Jul 25, 4:37 am, Kenuf wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 13:02:49 -0700 (PDT), Jstein

wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm in desperate need of help with my Kenmore 70 series washer model
number 110.24722300.

-Jesse

This is a different type of machine to what we have in the UK, and I
am no expert on any of them, however- could the pins be for transport
of the machine and on the first use of the machine simply drop into
the cups by vibration?

Just a thought...

Kenuf

I did think of this but what I'm struggling with is that the pins fall
out very easily when I insert them into the holes. The pins have holes
at the top for what looks like a cotter pin. Where did the cotter pin
go? I suppose they could have been plastic and meant to shear after
1st use.

(Why the **** can't OE properly quote messages? What a stupid program!
Worse: why am I using it?)

Consider this: the pins were attached to a plastic 'tape' that runs to the
rear of the washer. On the tape is a tag that says "Pull this tape
completely out prior to useing the washer." Yes, I've seen this setup, don't
recall what brand it was.