Bill

Default Link belts stretching?

I can run may table saw 20 minutes before the belt even starts to warm up.
True, it does lessen after a few minutes. It's still very convenient to be
able to start and cut.

"TeamCasa" wrote in message
You are correct, I have the bad habit of thinking everyone live here in
So.Cal. Would not just running your machine for a few minutes to warm-up
the belt serve the same purpose?
Dave

"Bill" wrote in message
VS. belts hold shape when not used often enough or the belt is cold.

Hence,
vibration in the blade\machine. A Link-Belt ends that vibration.

"TeamCasa" wrote in message
Why don't you just put on a good quality V-belt. I don't quite

understand
this fascination of using an product that was originally
designed to be used as an emergency fan belt with limited life

expectancy
operate machinery. As an aside, quality belts do not stretch

measurably.
Sorry John. If the automotive and most other serious machine

industries
can
rely on them I think the would be the best choice for your contrator

saw.

Dave

"John Graser" wrote in message
I put a link belt on my Delta Contractor's saw about a year ago.

I've
noticed that the saw now tends to bog down more easily when cutting

thick
stock than it used to. Do link belts stretch over time, requiring

the
removal of some links periodically?

News==----

100,000
Newsgroups
---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via

Encryption
=---

News==----

Newsgroups