Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] alan200@iinet.net.oz is offline

Default Container cooling

On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 16:38:43 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

I was wondering if I put a recirculating water pump to flow water over the
roof and outside vertical east and west sides if that would cool it very
much. I'm probably going to have to just try it. I get ag water, so
there's no problem about added cost.

Anyone ever done this?

At my last house I ran one of the perforated sprinkler hoses over
the roof of the shed. It cooled down to 30 C from an interior
temperature of 48 C in about 20 minutes. I did the planned job, then
went indoors to the real airconditioning. Whenever I needed to do
anything in the shed in summer I used this system, probably only used
about 100 litres of water an hour, shed was 15 metres x 5 metres.

Alan