Nick Bozovich

Default Link Belt on Jointer - OT response

Thanks Jim - the information was really good. I've printed it out, and
added it to my reference file.

I couldn't help taking a look at your shop photos - it's really awesome!!
Sorry to get off topic, but I had a question about your electrical system.
I'd guess that your shop is in your garage. You probably added a sub-panel
for power (?) The machines that are in the center area, your drill press,
TS, etc., you appear to have cords going up to the ceiling. Are those cords
that run from the individual machine and plug into a receptacle in the
ceiling? Or, do you have the supply line coming out of the ceiling down to
the machine?

Sounds like a dumb question, but I'm wiring my garage/shop now, and not all
my tools have cords long enough to reach receptacles on the walls. I'd like
to not have to run conduit on the floor and thought of doing some kind of
drop down from the ceiling, but I can't figure out how.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Nick B

"Jim Wilson" wrote in message
Nick Bozovich wrote...
I have a Jet 6" jointer -JJ6CSX, with a 1 hp motor. I'm converting it

240 volt operation. My question is whether or not a Link Belt will

improve
performance. I have no complaints about it's performance - but if the

Link
Belt will make it run better, smoother, faster, or whatever, it would be
worth the expense. I put one on my Craftsman TS, and it really seemed

help it (that and a new Freud blade!).

Has anyone done this? What were your results?

I just updated my link belts review page. You might find some useful
information the

www.paragoncode.com/shop/link_belts

Cheers!

Jim