Nick Bozovich

Default Link Belt on Jointer

I have a Jet 6" jointer -JJ6CSX, with a 1 hp motor. I'm converting it to
240 volt operation. My question is whether or not a Link Belt will improve
performance. I have no complaints about it's performance - but if the Link
Belt will make it run better, smoother, faster, or whatever, it would be
worth the expense. I put one on my Craftsman TS, and it really seemed to
help it (that and a new Freud blade!).

Has anyone done this? What were your results?

TIA - I really appreciate and value the help and advice I get here...

Nick B

Charlie Self

Nick Bozovich writes:

have a Jet 6" jointer -JJ6CSX, with a 1 hp motor. I'm converting it to
240 volt operation. My question is whether or not a Link Belt will improve
performance. I have no complaints about it's performance - but if the Link
Belt will make it run better, smoother, faster, or whatever, it would be
worth the expense. I put one on my Craftsman TS, and it really seemed to
help it (that and a new Freud blade!).

Pick one and only one. It will smooth it out. Worth the trouble and cost if you
use the jointer much. And maybe if you don't.

Charlie Self
"Health food makes me sick." Calvin Trillin

http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/m.../business.html
John Crea

Going to a link belt SHOULD improve smoothness IF the machine runs
rough with the original belt \

John

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 22:06:23 GMT, "Nick Bozovich"
wrote:

I have a Jet 6" jointer -JJ6CSX, with a 1 hp motor. I'm converting it to
240 volt operation. My question is whether or not a Link Belt will improve
performance. I have no complaints about it's performance - but if the Link
Belt will make it run better, smoother, faster, or whatever, it would be
worth the expense. I put one on my Craftsman TS, and it really seemed to
help it (that and a new Freud blade!).

Has anyone done this? What were your results?

TIA - I really appreciate and value the help and advice I get here...

Nick B

B a r r y

wrote:

I have a Jet 6" jointer -JJ6CSX, with a 1 hp motor. I'm converting it to
240 volt operation. My question is whether or not a Link Belt will improve
performance. I have no complaints about it's performance

Save your money. I've had excellent results with link belts, on
machines I had complaints with. G

Barry
Jim Wilson

Nick Bozovich wrote...
I have a Jet 6" jointer -JJ6CSX, with a 1 hp motor. I'm converting it to
240 volt operation. My question is whether or not a Link Belt will improve
performance. I have no complaints about it's performance - but if the Link
Belt will make it run better, smoother, faster, or whatever, it would be
worth the expense. I put one on my Craftsman TS, and it really seemed to
help it (that and a new Freud blade!).

Has anyone done this? What were your results?

I just updated my link belts review page. You might find some useful
information the

www.paragoncode.com/shop/link_belts

Cheers!

Jim

TeamCasa

Link belts used to sold as a "emergency fan belt". Sure they will smooth
out a machine initially,
but so will running the new one until the set is out of the one that came
with it.
If you use the machine with any frequency, belt set will not be a problem.

Dave

"Nick Bozovich" wrote in message
I have a Jet 6" jointer -JJ6CSX, with a 1 hp motor. I'm converting it to
240 volt operation. My question is whether or not a Link Belt will

improve
performance. I have no complaints about it's performance - but if the

Link
Belt will make it run better, smoother, faster, or whatever, it would be
worth the expense. I put one on my Craftsman TS, and it really seemed to
help it (that and a new Freud blade!).

Has anyone done this? What were your results?

TIA - I really appreciate and value the help and advice I get here...

Nick B

http://www.usenet.com
mttt

"Nick Bozovich" wrote in message

Has anyone done this? What were your results?

I have the same jointer - can't imagine it running smoother. It just purrs
right now..
If you buy the link belt - let us know.

Nick Bozovich

Default Link Belt on Jointer - OT response

Thanks Jim - the information was really good. I've printed it out, and
added it to my reference file.

I couldn't help taking a look at your shop photos - it's really awesome!!
Sorry to get off topic, but I had a question about your electrical system.
I'd guess that your shop is in your garage. You probably added a sub-panel
for power (?) The machines that are in the center area, your drill press,
TS, etc., you appear to have cords going up to the ceiling. Are those cords
that run from the individual machine and plug into a receptacle in the
ceiling? Or, do you have the supply line coming out of the ceiling down to
the machine?

Sounds like a dumb question, but I'm wiring my garage/shop now, and not all
my tools have cords long enough to reach receptacles on the walls. I'd like
to not have to run conduit on the floor and thought of doing some kind of
drop down from the ceiling, but I can't figure out how.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Nick B

Nick Bozovich wrote...