Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus2004 Ignoramus2004 is offline

Default Filters (again)

On 2011-07-25, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 21:19:30 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

As much as I dislike moderated newsgroups, I would join one in a heartbeat.
rec.guns is moderated, and is a fine group. Someone just has to have the
time to read and sort all the crap. I do not have the time. There is a
wealth of knowledge here, and there would be a new untapped wealth in a
newsgroup where it was limited to the subject.

And rec.guns had 14 posts this past week.

Their moderator hasa very unreasonable policy of asking for "real
names".

In your opinion. It prevents sock puppets & trolls, which is the
reason for a moderated newsgroup.

Moderation prevents trolls even without requiring real names.