Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus2004 Ignoramus2004 is offline

Default Filters (again)

On 2011-07-25, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 21:19:30 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

As much as I dislike moderated newsgroups, I would join one in a heartbeat.
rec.guns is moderated, and is a fine group. Someone just has to have the
time to read and sort all the crap. I do not have the time. There is a
wealth of knowledge here, and there would be a new untapped wealth in a
newsgroup where it was limited to the subject.

And rec.guns had 14 posts this past week.

One moderated group I used to read had the sole moderator die. No one
else had the information to moderate the group, so it took over three
months to fix the problem.

At the very least you need two moderators, unless you intend to sit
there 24 hours a day to control the group. A dozen would be great, but
is almost impossible to get that many people to agree to the exact same
standards.

I wonder if you can set one up that doesn't allow cross posted
messages, and automatically posts them after filtering for a few
keywords?

Yes, this is how my moderation software can operate.