TeamCasa

Default Link belts stretching?

Why don't you just put on a good quality V-belt. I don't quite understand
this fascination of using an product that was originally
designed to be used as an emergency fan belt with limited life expectancy to
operate machinery. As an aside, quality belts do not stretch measurably.
Sorry John. If the automotive and most other serious machine industries can
rely on them I think the would be the best choice for your contrator saw.

Dave

"John Graser" wrote in message
I put a link belt on my Delta Contractor's saw about a year ago. I've
noticed that the saw now tends to bog down more easily when cutting thick
stock than it used to. Do link belts stretch over time, requiring the
removal of some links periodically?