Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default Update: Semi precision grinding.

William Bagwell wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 15:46:41 -0400, "Steve W." wrote:

If it works great. I do some wood forming and usually cut relief grooves
using a similar set-up. I built an arbor that allowed me to stack small
saw blades and machine washers. The blades are the ones used with toe
kick saws.

It works great, not sure how long it will last before it needs re-sharpening.
If I ever out grow this rig something very similar to what you describe is
probably the next step. Will need to do a 24" wide board (even if more than one
pass) so the arbor size will have to be beefy.

Well you could cheat and support the arbor between the blades. Just use
a narrow bearing and a simple stantion mount.

--
Steve W.