Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Filters (again)

On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 10:35:15 -0600, Laurie Forbes
wrote:

On 7/24/2011 3:47 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 00:15:16 -0600, Laurie
wrote:

Atta Girl, Laurie. Insult the group, then ask for help.
Why didn't _I_ think of that?g

Perhaps that was a bit harsh but in any case was directed only at those
who post or xpost OT content (why do they do that anyhow? - there are
other much more suitable groups; the ones with "politics" in the name
for example).

Some of us consider this group to be a grand meeting place for people
who are interested in machining, or actively engaged in it in various
aspects.

It is also unfortunately a place for "some of us" not to engage in
reasoned discussion/debate but to hurl insults, threats and invective
and, OT posts or not, that happens with lamentable frequency. That is
the bigger issue IMO.

A recent example:

"Odd..I assumed the readers would be able to follow along. You of course
are in denial, so no matter what I posted, you would simply scrunch up
your widdle face, start squalling and probably **** your pants as you
hunched around in a tight little circle while shrieking and stamping
your widdle feet.

But hey...next time You post..Ill start counting and pointing out your
lies. Its quite easy to do.

But son? Wear a diaper before spewing out one of your lie filled
posts..ok? Cause I really hate the smell of ****."

But I will cease now for fear of being accused of not practicing what I
preach.

Laurie Forbes

Of course. You went off topic. See..it happens to even the best, in an
open free flowing forum.

And did you happen to notice all the groups in that cross posted bit of
dreck?

I certainly didnt invite all those other groups in here. Perhaps if you
review the thread history..you can find out who did?

alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots,alt.politics.obama,alt.politics.democrats ,talk.politics.guns,rec.crafts.metalworking

Have a good time and please present your data when you find out who did
it. Twerent me. Shrug

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.