Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Laurie Forbes[_3_] Laurie Forbes[_3_] is offline

Default Filters (again)

On 7/24/2011 5:22 AM, Dennis wrote:

Laurie Forbes wrote:

One weird thing about TBird is that it will only let you delete your own
posts (at least as far as I can tell).

That's not weird. You have no right to delete someone else's messages
from usenet. At one time NNTP servers allowed you to delete a post sent
in error, or that was incomplete. Most NNTP servers no longer honor a
cancel message (delete).

I took it that Laurie meant TB would not allow deletion of the local
copy on your own machine. Which it won't if the message has got past
filters.

Incoming messages that are filtered are effectively deleted - which is
good.

Yes, that is what I was getting at - just get them off my screen.

Laurie Forbes