Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dennis Dennis is offline

Default Filters (again)

On 24/07/2011 5:47 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
ilure to read the Subject line, simply shows one to be either lazy, a
whiner or stupid if they complain about the contents of the thread.

There are lots of other threads one may click on that may be of more
interest to people. such as yourself.

Gunner I think the problem is that when you cross post to
misc.survivalism you invite in a heap of guys who have no interest in
metalwork but who post prolifically on political and other irrelevant
topics to the point that the NG tends toward being unusable.

I've also started to see guys who were misc.survivalism members now
initiating posts with RCM in the crosspost list - as if they think the
bulk of us are interested in their ideas / opinions.

Who'd pick up a book on aircraft and not be annoyed if every second
article was about china painting. Its a pain in the arse to have to
filter out the dross.

Thats my 2 cents worth anyway!