Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Craigslist gyrations

wrote

A high IQ and a law degree is about the most dangerous combination on
earth

A roustabout in my crew offshore, Enos Guillory was a very intelligent
person who wanted to go on to be a directional driller. His family was into
that and told him if he got a couple of years under his belt in the oilpatch
that they would take him on and train him. He was one fine hand. He
roustabouted for me for about six months, then went up on the drill floor as
a rough neck.

He called it "being educated beyond one's capacity."

Wherever you are, Enos, hope life has been good to you. You were a good
hand. Hope you realized your goal.

Steve, the crane operator