Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Craigslist gyrations

"Ignoramus29885" wrote

The scammer will send you a bad check ni the amount more than your
asking price, and will demand that you send the difference to a
"shipper" via Western Union. The "shipper" is the scammer himself. The
scammer could not care less about what you are actually selling.

I got as far as the third sentence when they tell you to pull the ad. No, I
pull the ad when I have the money in my pocket. And, I don't stop
advertising when people say they want it and they'll be right over or on
this Saturday or whatever. I've had flakes, well intentioned people, and
even friends who never showed up to pay for and/or pick up the stuff. Even
had one guy pay for it, and I never saw him again. Contacted his family,
and they said he "just took his stuff and left."

Steve