Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Craigslist gyrations

"Spehro Pefhany" wrote

For laughs you could ask him to send the "certified check" and see
what happens. You can always change your mind and send it back if you
don't like the looks of it (and from this dude's approach and command
of English, I bet you won't). Of course he can then claim he didn't
receive it and you owe him the money etc. so maybe the laughs won't be
worth it.

We did that with one of our rent houses just for laughs. The check was a
pretty good copy of the real deal. The bank called us back in two days
saying it was no good, which we expected, and didn't touch the funds. The
guy called all indignant, and asking for his overage, and vehemently
assuring that the check was good. We said, "Well, then I'm sure you want it
back. Where do we mail it to?" ........... click........

Steve