Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Wires...

DoN. Nichols wrote:
On 2011-07-22, Winston wrote:
CaveLamb wrote:
DoN. Nichols wrote:
On 2011-07-22, Winston wrote:
CaveLamb wrote:
I need a couple of dozen of these, but I don't know what to call them.

You know those twisted pair wires on a DIP header?

Like the ones used to connect LEDs and switches to a computer
motherboard?

[ ... ]

These, also, should be available with crimp-on pins instead of
solder tails. They should be somewhere close by the others in the
DigiKey catalog.

Enjoy,
DoN.

I don't see them though...

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/dk...name=3M9064-ND

IDC version. Cheap at only $5.13 (Each!)

The problem seems to be coming up with the proper name that the
*catalog* uses. For this, really, a dead-tree catalog is easier to use
than the search-engine based ones.

Here is a way too long URL (sorry) which leads to a Molex page
which shows the crimp pins and the connectors. What you want are the SL
series. The pins come in three styles. I would use the crimp ones, but
others might be better for you.

The SL Housing style you want for this is the 'A' version, 2
pin. You can have the fun of searching for these in the catalogs -- or
the web presence if the catalogs are not available.

http://www.molex.com/molex/common/staticLoader.jsp?fileName=%2Fcmc_upload%2F0%2F000% 2F0-8%2F686%2Fsl_features.html&channel=Products&family OID=-8686&frellink=Product+Features&chanName=family&pag eTitle=Product+Features

Of course -- there are other brands, this was th efirst that I
found using a bit too long a search string.

connectors jumper block square pin crimp termination

Good Luck,
DoN.

Very good, DoN.

More like the SL FFC types.
Don't need the secure locking features of the others.

--

Richard Lamb
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb