Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Wires...

James Waldby wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 12:28:18 -0500, Tim Wescott wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 11:46:37 -0500, Tim Wescott wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 21:59:44 -0500, CaveLamb wrote:...
You know those twisted pair wires on a DIP header?

Like the ones used to connect LEDs and switches to a computer
motherboard?

I've been googling all over creation, but lack the definitive term to
describe them.

Anybody out there have a clue? Or a box full of 'em?
Housings like this:
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...me=609-2341-ND

http://tinyurl.com/429xh8h

And matching terminals like this:
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...=609-3616-1-ND

http://tinyurl.com/3gqabh6

If you're seriously interested, I'll take a picture of my crimper and
maybe we can figure out where to get another one.

Sorry about the long URLs getting hacked up.

If you enclose the URL's in it shouldn't matter, eg try
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=609-2341-ND
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=609-3616-1-ND
although added NL's might be a problem, like in
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSear
ch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=609-3616-1-ND

I found LOTS of places that will sell ten cent items for over five bucks!

--

Richard Lamb
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb