Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Clean spray foam can nozzle?

wrote in :

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 02:29:10 +0000, stockthomas
wrote:

Hey guys,

A company sells spare nozzle packs that work with great stuff and
other
brands. They are in my local hardware store,
www.xtendafoam.com ,
saves me the hassle of trying to clean out a nozzle or throw away half
used cans.

What the hell. Three posts for the same thing. Sure sounds like
spamming to me.

The spare nozzle is a great idea, but if it costs more than a half
buck you may as well just use as much of the can as possible and toss
the rest. After all, the can of foam is only $4 or $5. So I sure
wont spend more than a half buck to save $2 worth of foam, which
likely wont come out of the can anyhow because the tip of the can
where the nozzle goes is likely clogged.

Sure it's spam. That is that asshole homeowners hub website
that skims from newsgroups.

Anyway, after you use the foam, toss the nozzle it in some paint thinner.
If I recall, the recommended chemical to remove uncured foam is acetone.