Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
James Waldby[_3_] James Waldby[_3_] is offline

Default One dem days ........... oops, photo link ...........

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 08:14:12 -0500, Sunworshipper wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 05:00:02 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:
Here's a link to pictures that show a little of my side of this planet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

Bald eagle ! Is it lost? Never mind, I'm still in awe when I see Sea
Gulls in Nevada, Utah, & up here. I just assumed they had to have salt
water. Like whole parking lots full of them in L. V. NV..?

I occasionally see sea birds here (55 mi. N of YNP), eg pelicans.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/61108728@N04/sets/72157627233864496/
shows a flight of them last Sunday.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61108728@N04/sets/72157627131816047/
shows an osprey nest -- on a baseball-field lightpole near the
Yellowstone River -- last weekend.

Last Saturday I went down to the river thinking few people would be
camping when it is so hot (for the north), but it was packed. Except one
bug haven site, so I'm walking down the path close to the water and see
a fish skull. A couple more steps and I'm maybe 5 feet from the water
and I hear the tree above me creek and a huge bald eagle directly zenith
is raising its wings for the first (stroke?) and it was completely
silent until the first push of its wings which where maybe a foot
further on each side of the length of my out stretched arms. I watched
it fly away and I looked down for my next step and the grass was all
white from bird ****. Gave me that freaky feeling like the Predator
movie with Arney.

--
jiw