Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Sunworshipper[_2_] Sunworshipper[_2_] is offline

Default Wires...

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 23:45:00 -0500, CaveLamb

On 2011-07-22, Winston wrote:
CaveLamb wrote:
I need a couple of dozen of these, but I don't know what to call them.

You know those twisted pair wires on a DIP header?

Like the ones used to connect LEDs and switches to a computer motherboard?

I've been googling all over creation, but lack the definitive term to
describe them.

Anybody out there have a clue? Or a box full of 'em?
You could solder wires to these receptacles:
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...name=A32932-ND

You could -- but the usual ones used as described have
individual crimp pins on the wires which slip and lock into the
connector body.

The proper crimp tools tend to be expensive -- unless you luck
out in an eBay auction -- including lucking into finding the right ones
for the terminals in questions.

http://documents.tycoelectronics.com...=CD&DocLang=EN

These, also, should be available with crimp-on pins instead of
solder tails. They should be somewhere close by the others in the
DigiKey catalog.

Enjoy,
DoN.

I don't see them though...

Digikey catalog sucks bilge water.

LOL, just found that out the other day, thought it was me even after
calling them. They couldn't get 2 out of 4 products I needed unless I
paid for another run at two factories.

SW