Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default This is my rifle

Joseph Gwinn wrote:
I found the letter "This is my rifle" to the editor of Machine Design
interesting. Published in the 7 July 2011 issue.

http://machinedesign.com/article/letters-7072011-0707

I had to look bullpup up. Turns out there is a Wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullpup.

I really have to wonder if Chinese winter clothing really can stop a M1
bullet, except perhaps at extreme range, where the bullet's kinetic
energy is already mostly gone.

Joe Gwinn

Not a surprise. The .30 carbine round is half as powerful as a 30-30
round and is just a bit better than a .357 magnum pistol round.

The M1 Garand on the other hand uses a 30-06 round. 3+ times as powerful
and far more accurate.

--
Steve W.