Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Manufacturing Job Fair "Dress Professionally"???

I got this in the Email:

Manufacturing Job Fair

Come meet companies with job openings
· Bring your resume
· Dress professionally
· Prepare to interview

Great, cool, groovy. But what does it mean "dress professionally"?
Dress like when I go to report for work? As I do when I've had the
job a while?

Or dress like I'm going to talk to an HR drone who doesn't realize
that manufacturing jobs aren't management, or service, or white collar
- but blue collar? That we don't manage production, but "make
stuff"?

fnord.

I'll wear something clean, w/o holes, and probably not the BDUs I wear
everywhere else but to job interviews.

--
pyotr filipivich.
Discussing the decline in the US's tech edge, James Niccol once wrote

I won't consider an applicant if:
-Smells bad
-Dirty clothes
-Unkept appearance
-Pants below the waist
-Drunk or high
-Slouching or other disrespectful body language

THEN I look at general and specific skills, work record and education.
Then I'll do a background check and a drug test. Then the applicant
will be interviewed by the workcell manager.