Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default This is my rifle

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 08:10:13 -0400, Joseph Gwinn
wrote:

I found the letter "This is my rifle" to the editor of Machine Design
interesting. Published in the 7 July 2011 issue.

http://machinedesign.com/article/letters-7072011-0707

I had to look bullpup up. Turns out there is a Wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullpup.

I really have to wonder if Chinese winter clothing really can stop a M1
bullet, except perhaps at extreme range, where the bullet's kinetic
energy is already mostly gone.

Joe Gwinn

1950 Chinese winter clothings, base on what I've seen in contemporary
rural China, was probably really, really thick due to use of
rudimentary materials and crude construction. Their toddlers are
usually rosy-cheeked from being overheated.