Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim.... tim.... is offline

Default Chanels on freesat?

"fred" wrote in message news
In article , MuddyMike
writes

"fred" wrote in message ...

Any chance of improving your freeview reception?

Have you got a grouped aerial?

Has your area had power increased recently through DSO?

Or is it a trees and hills problem?

The freeview EPG beats freesat IMV as you can watch/listen to the
current
channel whilst you are scanning the guide. AFAIIA there is no freesat
box
that caches the EPG to let you do this.

We have already replaced the aerial with the biggest that the rigger could
find, and have a five channel booster box in the loft. A lot of the time
the
we get a good picture, but no always. Sods law comes into play and the
picture is crap just when we want to watch something.

The questions about DSO and grouped aerials are important. If your bod
stuck up a wideband one and the channels broadcast by your transmitter are
in the newly extended group B (low) then you have lost 4-6dB of precious
signal just like that cos wideband aerials aren't optimised like grouped
ones and favour the high end. (A wideband aerial will have a black plug in
the back of the aerial extrusion.)

Just had the aerial on the top of our block replaced because it wasn't
receiving all of the Muxes correctly.

The guy who installed it said that he went to their supplier for the correct
group aerial and they refused to supply one telling him that they were not
using them any more.

So to make the wideband one work he had to put a larger than expected amp on
it :-(

tim