Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave__67 Dave__67 is offline

Default OT relocating a deck/pool

On Jul 20, 4:59*pm, stryped wrote:
My parents have a 4 year old 16x32 doughboy oval pool. They have torn
the liner inadvertantly cleaning it and have decided they dont want
it
anymore. They just put a salt water system in it last year. The deck
completely encirles the pool and cost a lit of money.

How hard would it be to take this apart and reuse both the deck and
pool at my house? How would you go about taking apart the deck in
pieces where it could be reassembled? I have a tractor and trailer at
my disposal. I appreciate any advice.

Do these things increase/decrease the value of your home?

Given option A and option B, I'm the guy at work that always comes up
with Option C.

Instead of thinking about disassembling the deck, cut it into modular
sections that 4 guys can handle and get onto the trailer, where cut
sections include the decking and the joists, but maybe not the next
level down of support (larger beams) unless maybe the joists terminate
on them with joist hangers.

If you need to add some material to make the sections self-supporting
before cutting out sections, I think you'll still be ahead of the game
as you have a good shot at tying sections together halfway decently
(metal plates for the under-bits, just let the decking have a slightly-
gapped butt joint) compared to disassembling and re-assembling (and
all those individual pieces will never ever go back together quite
right).

Dave