Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default OT relocating a deck/pool

On Jul 21, 5:18*am, "Steve W." wrote:
CaveLamb wrote:
Steve W. wrote:

The pool shouldn't be that hard, most are designed to go together real
easy, Mark EVERY joint and part location.

Recently I helped a friend remove an old round aboveground pool and
move the deck around. On his pool at least all the pieces were
identical and wouldn't need to be marked for reassembly. I cut up the
steel liner into easily handled 8' lengths with an air shear while he
held the remaining wall upright.

The crew that installed the new pool placed two planks inside and
stood the rolled-up wall on one. After pre-placing stakes, ropes and
spring clamps to guy the wall upright one slid the roll down the plank
while two others set it in the lower guide rail and attached the
ropes.

I raised and moved the ~8'x24' curved deck with floor jacks on planks.
The job didn't go well enough to describe here, though we did manage
to put it back in position without damaging it. Had it been my deck I
would have reworked it into manageable independent pieces that bolted
together, the way I built raised platforms for theater scenery.

I first did that to build the three houses in A Funny Thing Happened
on the Way to the Forum, and coincidentally watched a good performance
of it last night.

jsw