TeamCasa

Default Link Belt on Jointer

Link belts used to sold as a "emergency fan belt". Sure they will smooth
out a machine initially,
but so will running the new one until the set is out of the one that came
with it.
If you use the machine with any frequency, belt set will not be a problem.

Dave

"Nick Bozovich" wrote in message
I have a Jet 6" jointer -JJ6CSX, with a 1 hp motor. I'm converting it to
240 volt operation. My question is whether or not a Link Belt will

improve
performance. I have no complaints about it's performance - but if the

Link
Belt will make it run better, smoother, faster, or whatever, it would be
worth the expense. I put one on my Craftsman TS, and it really seemed to
help it (that and a new Freud blade!).

Has anyone done this? What were your results?

TIA - I really appreciate and value the help and advice I get here...

Nick B

http://www.usenet.com